Iron-Boosting Smoothie




If you know me, you might know that I have low iron and is a massive struggle for me. I’ve had low iron for nearly 2 years now and nothing is has really helped but it is my mission to try and get it up because at the moment I have a lot going on and I don’t have any time to be tired and unmotivated. So, if you also have low iron here is a smoothie that should help boost your iron.





Recipe:

·        1 cup of fresh spinach
·        1 banana previously frozen
·        1 orange
·        1 freshly squeezed orange
·        2 tbsp of greek yogurt
·        1 tbsp of chia seeds
·        1 splash of almond milk
·        4 ice cubes






Spinach is very high in iron and it’s the main source of iron in this smoothie. When trying to boost your iron you also need a source of vitamin c because it helps to absorb the iron. Oranges are the source of vitamin c in this smoothie to help absorb the iron in the spinach. The banana is your source of healthy carbs and the chia seeds are your healthy fats that are also good for your hair and are loaded with antioxidants. Greek yoghurt is a good source of protein and keeps you feeling fuller for longer. The almond milk and freshly squeezed orange juice help make the smoothie blend better and the ice gives the smoothie a thicker consistency. You can alter the recipe as much as you want. 



Catch ya later!

Eliza xx





S O C I A L   M E D I A S
instagram: @elizaschoenmaker
dance instagram: @dancer_eliza
snapchat: @eschoenmaker11
twitter: @elizaschoenmake


Comments

Popular Posts